Wednesday, May 9, 2018
What I Was Thinking When I Saw Nick
It's been such a long time since I've seen Nick at Yale. I know we've never been really close but I feel like he's an enjoyable person to be around. I can trust him. Even though Nick is related to Daisy, i feel like he will be closer to me. I hope he doesn't tell Daisy about my affair. He's a sensible man and will understand that I need something more. I might invite him to come with me and Myrtle before Daisy can try and set him with her friends. She's been talking about one of her friends Jordan, a professional golfer. She may have wealth and fame but Daisy tells me Jordan is very lonely and desperate. I'll save Nick and set him up with some of Myrtle's friends instead. Nick may not know it yet, but I know he will want to be with me more than Daisy. Daisy doesn't know what she really wants either. It's a characteristic that isn't attractive. I hope I can save Nick before its too late. Nick could be such an attractive man for a woman. He's young, smart, inventive, and almost successful. He could advance himself so quickly but just finding the right, rich woman. I know a couple of women that hang around Myrtle that would be just the right woman for him. I think me and Nick could become quite the pair if he keeps close to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't intend to become closer to you than Daisy. Daisy came first to me because she's family and I can't change that. I also don't want to be romantically involved with any one of Myrtle's friends because I think I can do so much better than that. I appreciate your advice on who I need to date, but I just can't accept the advice because I don't believe your standards are what I need in a woman. Thank you for complimenting me, but I don't intend to become close with you at all because of how you treat my cousin.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Nick Carraway
I felt so bad for Daisy when I went with you to New York. I was not interested in meeting Myrtle and witnessing you cheating on her, but you wouldn't let me leave. She is my cousin after all. Why would I chose being closer to you, a cheater, over my own cousin? Daisy deserved someone who treated her better. How could you answer you mistress's call during dinner? It's just embarrassing for Daisy. She is not as naive as you think. I am not interested in becoming closer with you after all that happened.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Nick Carraway
I did not tell Daisy anything about Myrtle, but I was pretty sure she already knew your affair. It seemed you had some delusion about me, so here I wanted to make it clear. Daisy was my cousin, even though we had not contacted each other for a while, we were still close. I did not know why you thought I would more like to be with you, but I had to tell you were wrong. I wished Daisy could leave you as soon as possible. She deserved someone better than you.
ReplyDeleteNick Carraway
Tom,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the very kind words. It's been great to see you again. Although we were not too close in college, I agree that it's good to reconnect. I have not said anything about your affair, but I do think that you should be more honest with Daisy. She deserves honestly and love. I do think that we could make a great team together; we should have lunch and discuss this sometime soon.
-Nick (Nick Lukas)