Wednesday, May 9, 2018

What I Was Thinking When Gatsby Drove Daisy Home

I shouldn't have done that. Gatsby has proven time and time again that he loves Daisy and wants her for himself. And I let them go together in Gatsby's car. I gave Gatsby another chance to win her over. Why would I let him do that? All i can do is hope that Daisy does truly love me more than him. We have so many memories, that must be stronger than whatever she has with this man she barely even knows. If she's drawn to his money, i have much more of it. How could she not be happy with the life I've provided for her. We live in an enormous house, enjoying the lavish lifestyle that only I can provide for her. I graduated from Yale and come from a rich family, how could she want to leave that? Who is Gatsby anyway? Nobody seems to know who he is or where he came from. Daisy cheating on me would break me. All i needed to complete my life was a girl that was as wealthy and important as I am and Daisy provided that for me. Her leaving me would be a sign i am no longer worth anything or important. 

1 comment:

  1. You crook, you never deserved the love of Daisy in the first place. You were having an affair with Myrtle Wilson the whole time and never had the guts to tell Daisy. Gatsby and Daisy have always been meant for each other and for some reason, you have never been able to see that. You have ruined the lives of two different women (Daisy and Myrtle), and you should have to see the consequences.

    Cousin in Law?,
    Nick Carraway

    ReplyDelete